Post by Branjita on Aug 20, 2013 12:48:32 GMT -6
This is an organized forum to have fun and share information on, so we hope you enjoy it.
Guide to the Sections:
We have sections for American, Japanese, and Other International DB/Z/GT/Super figures to keep things organized and separate. Please do your best to post in the right place, (the sections are based on where the figures were sold, not where they were made).
We have a board specifically for Figuarts discussion!
Check out the Custom Figures section for tutorials, galleries of finished customs and works in progress, and share pictures of your own! We recommend using IMGUR.com to host your images.
The Checklists have had a lot of work put into them! Don't miss taking a look! Older checklists may use Photobucket images, so please download a Firefox or Chrome add-on/extension to fix Photobucket images so you can see them.
Post your DB/Z/GT/Super collection in the Member Collections section and show off what you have. Please use IMGUR or another image host for your images.
Want to grow your collection or get rid of it? Well you're in luck! Check out our Swap Meet where you can Buy, Sell, Trade at your own risk! Make sure to check the Feedback List in that section before trading with anyone! Also, new members cannot send private messages until they are no longer new members, so people will need to PM you!
Discuss topics in the DragonBall Series and General Discussion (keep it PG-13 please) sections; introduce yourself in the New Member Introductions.
And the Contest section... Make sure to take a look and see if we have any active contests! You might just win!
1. Try not to take the conversation off-topic in...
- most "sticky" topics (they have a glue icon next to them)
- all Figuarts topics formatted like this: Character's Name (Figuarts)
- topics by customizers showing their Works in Progress or Finished Customs
- member collections, unless the collection owner is participating in the off-topic discussion
If something other than those topics goes off-topic, we don't really care as much, especially if somebody already answered whatever the topic starter was asking about.
2. Please don't quote other members' posts if you are the next person to reply. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Reply" button or type in the "Quick Reply" field at the bottom of the page.
3. If you are posting a LOT of images in one post, and the post isn't in your Member Collections thread, please take advantage of the SPOILER tag, which is a hidden function on DBF that will hide images until the user clicks a button. You do this by typing in BBCode view: [SPOILER.] (your images here) [/SPOILER.] but do not include the periods. Note: The spoiler tag will not preview while you are making your post. It is a secret tag that isn't supported by Preview.
4. If you are using the Buy, Sell, Trade section of DBF, keep all of your items in only 1 thread. The only exception is if you offer something that you custom make or is highly specific and different from just generally selling some figures you have. Moderators will delete or merge extra threads if you have made multiple ones.
5. Some users are difficult to tag, because they have been allowed to change their display names or they changed their names before we stopped allowing it. Most users you can tag just by typing the @ symbol before their name. Ex: Branjita . A few users you must use the button. The best example off the top of my head is ◄VR► who cannot be tagged by his display name. You have to tag his username, venomraptor. You can access usernames in the member directory.
6. Remember that DBF should never become the typical internet forum full of mean spirited sarcasm, bashing, trolling, and just generally annoying insults. We are all DB/Z/GT/Super fans and we aren't here to insult each other or make each other mad. DBF is a forum to come to and have a positive, happy experience. Members who continuously bully other members or cause problems will be removed from DBF.
Tips and Tricks:
Looking at DBF on your phone:
The default mobile version of the forums kind of sucks, so only use that version if you are at 3G data speeds or cannot get the Desktop version to display properly on your mobile device. Switch your browser to display the page in Desktop mode and the site reconfigures to fit your screen and looks just like the desktop computer version of the site! Branjita spent hours reprogramming this to display beautifully on iPhones and Android phones. In portrait mode, several of the unimportant columns have been removed to make the forums fit your screen better. In landscape mode, on most phones, you'll have the full site with all of the options and columns! If you have an iPhone, you'll need to have at least iOs 4.2 to display everything properly. Most Android phones should be okay. If you're having display problems in your browser, try getting Google Chrome and using that to view the site.
Another option is using the Tapatalk app to view the forums. It shouldn't be necessary for most people, but it's available in Google Play and the App Store. I can't offer any additional help getting that set up, as I don't use it anymore. You're on your own.
Customizing your profile:
I recommend you do three things:
- Click Profile > Edit Profile > Settings. Scroll to Enable Drafts and change it to "yes", click "Save Account Settings". This will prevent you from losing your posts if you accidentally navigate to another page!
- Click Profile > Edit Profile > Privacy. Scroll to Change Birthday and check mark the box that says you're 13 years or older (if you are) and make sure your birthday is accurate and was not automatically set to January 1, or December 0.
- Click Profile > Edit Profile > Personal. Scroll to Location and please type the country or state you live in as your location. This will help others know where you live if you want to buy or sell something.
Tagging other members:
Similar to the way Facebook and Twitter work, you can tag other members so they get a notification to look at your post. If you want me (branjita) or any of the moderators to look at your reply, make sure to tag us in your post with the @ sign then our name. Keep in mind that the moderators cannot currently delete posts, only edit them, and they can only edit in the sections in which they moderate. Also, you may want to use the TAG USER button when tagging, because several members have a different display name than their account name, and this button will ensure your tag works.
Everybody is able to add attachments to their posts, so you can share images easily. However, keep in mind that these attachments are deleted every few months because DBF doesn't have unlimited space. So any pictures you want to stay on DBF need to be uploaded to your own hosting on an IMGUR or even Facebook account and linked in your posts using the image insert button . Also, when attachments are deleted from DBF, all of them are deleted all at once, so if, for example, you upload an attached image the day before we delete all attachments, it will be gone. So anything that you really care about should be uploaded to your IMGUR or other image hosting account.
Reporting Objectionable Content:
If you feel something objectionable was posted on the forum, and you want to leave a private comment that only goes to both admins, there is a way to report a post in the menu on the upper right of each post, just click the gear icon. Make sure to write why you want something done about the post and don't just leave it blank. This will send a notification to both admins automatically.